How does Roominate work?
- Start by building your structure. Do you want two floors, a balcony, a slanted roof, or a house on wheels? It’s up to you and your imagination!
- Design bunk beds, water slides, spiral staircases, bookshelves, tool benches, and more!
- Make your creation come alive with a working windmill, elevator, merry-go-round, light up bunsen burner, refrigerator, or desk lamp!
Every creation is unique, and the possibilities are endless!
Designed by Alice and Bettina, two engineers from Caltech, MIT, and Stanford on a mission to inspire the next generation of female technology innovators, by showing girls that creativity + engineering = fun!
- 4 wall/floor panels (2 9″x6″ and 2 6″x6″ panels)
- 48 modular building pieces (assorted teal, light blue, and yellow)
- 16 connectors (orange)
- 1 motor
- 1 light
- 2 switches
- 2 battery packs (requires 4 AAA batteries total, not included)
- Colored paper (20 sheets)
- Shiny tape (2 rolls)
- String (24″)
- Felt (4 colors)
- Stickers (8 sheets)
All our products meet the American Society for Testing and Materials toy safety specifications (ASTM F963).
Recommended age: 6 years and up