Desert Mystic - The Paintings of John Simpkins 2022 Wall Calendar
Shapeshifting animals, earthly and spiritual, are the focus of John Simpkins’s large paintings (some are so tall he has to climb a ladder to reach their tops). Simpkins is the sole human inhabitant of a ghost town in Oregon’s Alvord Desert. His radiant paintings are inspired by the magic he finds there—of light, shadow, and the drama of the changing weather—and his creatures reflect a meditative presence, inducing calm.
- 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
- High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
- Exceptional color quality
- Grid pages are easy to write on
- Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
- Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
- Pomegranate’s calendars feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.