Inuit Art from Cape Dorset - A Boxed Holiday Card Assortment
Animals of the Far North have long been inextricably linked with Inuit life and legend. Whether realistic in appearance or highly stylized, Inuit caribou images express a deep respect for this keystone species. The prints and drawings of many Inuit artists are brought to the world by the historic Kinngait Studios in Cape Dorset, a thriving community in the Canadian Arctic, about 1,200 miles north of Toronto. There, skilled Inuit printmakers work with local artists in editioning their unique creations. Included in this notecard assortment are spirited images by four such artists. Contains five each of the following holiday cards: Kananginak Pootoogook, Caribou Reflection, 2002 Pudlo Pudlat, Caribou in Northern Lights, 1987 (released 2016) Papiara Tukiki, Crossing the Tundra, 2012 Ningiukulu Teevee, Tuktu Qakuqtaq (White Caribou), 2010
- 20 assorted holiday cards (5 each of 4 designs) with envelopes in a decorative box
- Inside message: Season’s Greetings
- Printed in full color on recycled paper with soy based inks
- High-quality 250 gsm card stock
- Soft white envelopes
- Pomegranate’s notecard sets feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with Dorset Fine Arts
Box size:: 5.375 x 7.375 x 1.5 in.
Card size:: 5 x 7 in.