Families and community have always been at the heart of Bird in Hand. COVID-19 (coronavirus) is having a dramatic impact on all of our daily lives on many levels. At Bird in Hand we remain committed to being the happy (and safe!) place that our community can come for toys, games, puzzles, activities, gifts, great clothes, Chico T-Shirts, postcards, stickers, and more.
We have a primary responsibility to provide for the health and safety of all our staff and customers.
We kindly ask the following of all everyone coming into the store:
- Face masks that cover the nose and mouth be worn by everyone in the building at all times. For anyone who is unable or unwilling to wear a face mask we ask that you utilize our website or call us for service.
- Sanitize your hands at entry (we have sanitizer at the door).
- Limit your shopping group sizes.
- Maintain appropriate physical distancing.
- Minimize handling and touching of items to those that you intend to purchase.
- The total number of people in the building may be limited based on the current Tier placement for the County and if a Regional Stay Home order is in effect.
- You may be asked to wait to enter during peak times or during special events (like Christmas Preview).
We are regularly sanitizing all customer facing touch surfaces in the store multiple times per day and often between customers - including PIN pads at the register, counter tops, displays, products, and changing rooms - as well as all equipment that staff utilize, both 'on the floor' and in all back stock areas. Any items that are exchanged or returned are fully sanitized and held aside for a minimum of 48 hours before being returned to the sales floor.
Clear barriers are in place at the registers and other counters in the building to minimize the potential for spread. Doors are kept open to help with the exchange of air in the building.
National Yo-Yo Museum and Chico Yo-Yo Club
Much of the instructional activities for the Chico Yo-Yo Club typically necessitate close interaction. For the safety of all families, children, and our volunteer instructors, all instruction takes place outdoors and all participants are encouraged to wear a mask.
The National Yo-Yo Museum is available for self guided tours during normal business hours for Bird in Hand. Docent guided tours are available by appointment.