Jobs at Bird in Hand - Sales
Bird in Hand - a Downtown Chico tradition for over 36 years - is seeking inspired staff to join our team in creating a welcoming environment for all members of our community to enjoy shopping.
Job is focused on welcoming and interacting in-person with customers while selling and educating our customers about a wide variety of toys, gifts, housewares, books, and high-end casual clothing. As opportunity permits and ability is displayed, responsibilities may also include general merchandise display, re-stocking, basic store maintenance, data entry, merchandise check-in, and other activities related to the successful operation of a retail business.
We are accepting applications, interviewing, and hiring now with the intent of having successful applicants well trained and ready for the upcoming holiday season. Part-time with the possibility of full-time employment based on performance and availability.
Some of the basic expectations and requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Must be available to work Saturdays and/or Sundays.
- Skill to self manage in structured and non-structured environments.
- Able to understand and recognize fluctuations in store pace and adjust activities to accommodate changes.
- Flexible with hours during holiday season and special events.
- Capacity to lift up to 30 pounds as needed.
- Comfortable with technology as it relates to point of sale software operation.
Previous experience in a customer service or retail environment is valued but not required.
Scheduling can be flexible and we are happy to work with school schedules.
To apply, please come by the store in person to pick up an application, fill it out off-site and bring it back in person.
If you have any questions, please come by the store in person.
Normal business hours are 10am-6pm Monday through Saturday, 12pm-5pm on Sundays. Operational hours do update based on seasonal, holiday, and special event needs.